Aesthetic – Dr. Fatima Salya
Vitamin B 12 (Injections)
B12 vitamin injections boost energy levels, balances the immune system, gives mental clarity and prevention of memory loss, aids weight loss and digestion, heightens metabolism, improves deeper sleep and is a proven cancer prevention.
What is Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in brain function and red blood cell production. It is present in most food products and normally absorbed through the last part of the small intestine. If you have your small intestine removed, you will require B12 supplementation. Strict vegans and vegetarians may find that they do not get enough B12 in their diet. Supplementation may be required also.
How does Vitamin B12 benefits you?
Reduced risk of vitamin B-12 deficiency and associated complications. The obvious benefit of receiving vitamin B-12 shots is treating a vitamin B-12 deficiency and avoiding its associated symptoms.
In addition, B-12 shots reduce the risk of some serious complications associated with vitamin B-12 deficiency including:
- Heart Disease
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Coordination Problems (Ataxia)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Vision Loss
- Infertility (although this usually resolves with B-12 treatment)
- Neural tube defects in the babies of women with B-12 deficiency
Common signs and symptoms of B12 deficiency
- Low energy
- Paraesthesia (pins and needles)
- Feeling faint
- Difficulty maintaining balance
- Sore, swollen tongue, which may be pale yellow or very red
- Heart palpitations
- Mouth ulcers
- Weak muscles
- Disturbed vision
- Decreased cognitive functions, such as issues with memory, understanding or judgement
- Depression, confusion or irritability
Are their side effects from B12 injections?
Any mild side effects and potential risks, which should be referred to a doctor if they persist or worsen, include:
- Pain, redness, or itching at the site of the injection
- Mild diarrhoea
- Swelling sensation in the body
Vitamin C (Injections)
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is vital for many of your body’s systems to function properly. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant that provides many health and anti-aging benefits.
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid and has several important functions including:
- Helping protect and keep cells healthy
- Maintaining healthy skin, blood vessels bone and cartilage
- Helping the body heal from wounds
The human body cannot manufacture Vitamin C, so it’s essential that it is obtained through your everyday diet, through supplements or Vitamin C injected straight into the bloodstream.
How Vitamin C injections benefit you?
Vitamin C injections establish a concentration of this essential nutrient into the body, and adds long-term health benefits in preventing disease.
- improved quality of life
- improved physical, mental and emotion functions
- reduced nausea, vomiting and pain and appetite loss
Common signs and symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency
- Small acne-like bumps on the arms, thighs or buttocks
- Dry or damaged skin
- Easy bruising
- Slowing healing of wounds
- Painful or swollen joints
- Week bones
- Bleeding gums or tooth loss
- Poor immunity
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Fatigue or poor mood
- Unexpected weight gain
- Oxidative stress and inflammation
- Abnormally bent, coiled or corkscrew-shaped body hairs
- Bright red hair follicles
- Spoon-shaped nails with red spots or lines
Are their side effects from Vitamin C Injections?
Common side effects include some pain and swelling at the injection area.
Excessive supplements of vitamin C can lead to the following:
- gastrointestinal upset, including symptoms like diarrhea and nausea.
- increases oxalate levels in your kidneys, which has the potential to lead to kidney stones.
- hyperoxaluria and renal oxalate calculi may form if urine becomes acidic
Fat Dissolving Injections
What are Fat Dissolving Injections?
Fat dissolving injections are a safe, effective treatment that reduces fat cells in the treated area. Injections can produce long lasting results, which means you can say goodbye annoying excess fat.
These injections are typically used to treat small, exercise resistant, pockets of fat around the chin, chest, abdomen, knees and ankles. They are also a very effective treatment for body contouring. However, fat dissolving injections are not a treatment for weight loss.
Are Fat Dissolving Injections suitable for me?
Fat dissolving injections are suitable if you:
- are maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- are close to your ideal body weight,
- have isolated and stubborn areas of fat.
Fat dissolving injections are not suitable if you:
- have significant weight
- you recently lost a significant amount of weight
- you are being treated for diabetes, liver or kidney disease, active skin problems in the area to be treated.
- You are taking blood thinning medicine such as warfarin.
How long does it take for fat dissolving injections to work?
Typically, it takes between 48 hours to a week. For best results, two to three treatments one month apart, or three to eight treatments two months apart are recommended
Do fat dissolving injections really work?
Fat dissolving injections can help you to achieve a slimmer, more contoured body shape, with long-lasting results of between two and four years. The results are even longer if you maintain a healthy diet and regularly exercise! The treated cells are permanently destroyed but poor diet can cause other localised fat cells to swell
How often can you have the treatment?
Fat dissolving injections typically requires a course of two to five treatments with four to eight-week intervals between each session. Although the procedure doesn’t hurt, you should expect some swelling which can take two days to two weeks to subside.
How do fat melting injections work?
The injections contain a specially designed chemical to dissolve the fat by separating the molecules down into tiny particles. This means the dissolved fat molecules can then be absorbed in the body’s natural drainage
What do the injections consist of?
These injectables consist of various vitamins, nutrients, and other ingredients purportedly used to aid in weight loss. Some of the most common ingredients in these shots include:
- vitamin B-12
- Deoxycholic Acid
- vitamin B-6
- vitamin B complex
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- MIC (a combination of methionine, inositol, and choline)
The shots may be administered in the arm or other areas containing more subcutaneous fatty tissues, such as the thigh, abdomen, or buttocks.
What side effects should I expect?
You may experience swelling, bruising, itching, pain, and sensitivity to pressure and excessive warmth at the injection site. These usually ease within three to five days.
Botox and Anti-wrinkle Injections
How do anti-wrinkle injections work?
Anti-wrinkle injections are a purified protein that has been diluted and works by blocking the chemical signal that the brain sends to the muscle telling the muscle to contract. The treatment relaxes and lifts the muscle and softening the look of lines. After a treatment, excess movement and the appearance of unwanted lines are diminished, allowing you to achieve a rejuvenated appearance and your desired outcome.
Anti-wrinkle injections are a very effective treatment to reduce lines and wrinkles on the face. Ideally, anti-wrinkle injections should form part of facial therapy and be used in combination with dermal fillers in order to restore facial harmony.
Dermal fillers include: calcium, hydroxyapatite, and hyaluronic acid. These can add volume to shallow, flat or small areas on the face. Typical uses include filling folds and lines and rehydrating thin and dry skin. Advanced fillers are used to enhance:
- jawline, cheek and jowl
- tear troughs
- liquid rhinoplasty
- plasma skin tightening
- PRP hair restoration
How does anti-wrinkle injections benefit you?
- Dramatically reduces fine lines, wrinkles and soften expression lines
- Create a more smooth and youthful appearance.
- A natural reduction in expression lines.
- Restore facial symmetry in the face.
- A non-surgical solution because injections are non-invasive.
- Quick recovery time
- Instant results
How does anti-wrinkle injections involve?
Before you have any injections, you should have a receive a face to face consultation with the practitioner who will be treating you. The full procedure will be explained to you, including reassurance and what your outcomes will be. The procedure this where a precise and skilful injection of a purified protein solution is injected into the specific facial muscle using a fine needle, with only minor discomfort. This procedure is typically between 10 to 15 minutes and will smooth the visible wrinkles for 3 to 4 months.
Anti-wrinkle injections can treat:
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines around mouth corners
- Crows’ feet – lines at the side of the eyes
- Glabella lines – Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Asymmetrical eyebrows
- Upper lip lines – ‘smoker’s lines’
- Smile lines – side of the nose (bunny lines)
- Gummy smile
- Neck bands – Nefertiti lift
- Jawline concerns (to slim or define the Jawline)
- Managing teeth grinding and associated headaches
- Pebbling or ‘orange peel’ look on the chin
- Excessive Sweating
How long does it take to see results?
Results can be visible within 3 days of receiving treatment however, this is dependent on your skin.
How long will the results last?
Anti-wrinkle injections on average last 3 to 4 months however this is dose dependent, with effects gradually decreasing over time.
What are the side effects?
The associated risks and side effects during your consultation. Generally, there is no down time, and you will be able to carry on with you day.
Some risks include:
- Small amount of bleeding
- Possible headache for 24 hours after the treatment
- Bruising and redness at the injection site
- Tingling or other sensation at the injection site
Other rare risks (these are very unlikely but also a possibility):
- Potential migration of the substance, poor injection technique or overuse of the toxin could cause drooping eyelids or eyebrows. It would be best if you avoided exercise and rubbing the area for 24 hours after the injections.
- Puffiness around the eyes – this will resolve itself.
- Spocking or an over-active eyebrow – this could mean that you need to adjust the dose and distribution of the injection. (This is simple and can be rectified by the practitioner)
- Resistance over time to the treatment with ongoing use, making it less effective
- Tingling or other sensation at the injection site
Plasma Skin Tightening
What is plasma skin tightening?
Plasma skin tightening is a nonsurgical skin tightening procedure in which plasma is used to heat and tighten the skin. The results of a plasma skin treatment are permanent, although the skin will continue to age. Plasma skin tightening can decrease skin laxity on any part of the body.
Plasma skin tightening treatment is suitable for treating lines, wrinkles, skin tags, pigmentation, stretch marks, and acne scaring.
How does plasma skin tightening work?
Plasma skin tightening uses radio frequency energy to ionize, or convert, gas into plasma. When the plasma comes in contact with the outer layer of your skin (epidermis), it generates heat and removes oxygen from the surface of your skin without ablating, or vaporizing, the epidermis.
This process eliminates moisture from the treated area to form a layer of dried, or dessicated skin. This layer of skin helps the healing process and increases the skin’s resistance to the electricity generated by the resurfacing device, preventing it from becoming overtreated and guiding the plasma to areas not yet heated.
How does plasma skin tightening benefit you?
- Shrinks and tightens skin anywhere on the body
- Smooths lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates natural collagen
- Removes skin tags
- Removes moles (doc note)
- Removes pigmentation (non hormonal)
How long does it take to see results?
Results are only apparent 6-8 weeks after treatment has been taken place. We recommend more than one treatment may be needed for full results.
Are there side effects?
It is strongly recommended to follow aftercare and homecare provided. We also encourage you to allow the skin to heal naturally for seven days and just use sun protection. Any side effects may include:
- Skin peeling (epithelialization) where older skin gives way to new tighter skin.
- Mild to extreme swelling
- Brow scabs*
*Scabs are an essential part of healing and treatment progress. Please wait until any scabs fall of naturally, usually in 3 to 10 days, and not to pick at them. When scabs come off, new pink skin will be visible . This MUST be protected with an Sun Protection Factor cream of 30 to 50.
We recommend taking a minimum of 7 days off work to allow for down time and recovery until and minor aftereffects or swelling subside.
Additional aftercare tips
- Avoid sugar 2 weeks post and 2 weeks prior
- Do not touch the treated area too often.
- Do not pick at any scabs that form
- Don’t get treated area wet.
- Don’t apply additional beauty or facial products
- We recommend not visiting the gym, or exerting exercise that causes you to sweat
- We recommend no heat treatments or botox/fillers or any facial treatment for 6 weeks
Administration of Hyaluronic Acid Filler
- Nose to mouth
I am a trained first aider.
|Vitamin B12 & Vitamin C injections||£ 25|
|Fat Dissolving – Chin||£ 60|
|Fat Dissolving – Arms||£120|
|Fat Dissolving – Legs||£150|
|Fat Dissolving – Stomach||£150|
|Anti Wrinkle – Area 1||£ 80|
|Anti Wrinkle – Areas 2||£140|
|Anti Wrinkle – Areas 3||£180|
|Derma Fillers 0.5 ML||£ 80|
|Derma Fillers 1 ML||£130|
|Plasma Pen – Skin Tag Removal||£ 50|
|Plasma Pen – Age Spots Removal||£ 50|
|Plasma Pen – Skin Tightening – Eyes||£180|
|Plasma Pen – Skin Tightening – Neck||£260|
|Plasma Pen – Skin Tightening – Stomach||£280|
Mobile Aesthetics North West – Contact me via WhatsApp.